Renok Adventures

Photos

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Responsible Tourism

Responsible Tourism

This January while on my way to Triund in Dharamshala I met an Australian couple we were having our tea at Magic Café. They came with their backpacks full of garbage which the collected uphill. They emptied it in a dustbin at magic café. I was really impressed by them. Just think they are doing it here in India because they love the nature no matter where it is.

I have been to Mcleodganj 3 times and every time there is a increased amount of pollution, litter, crowdy. First time when I saw the Bhagsu Nag water fall it was awesome next time there was shop just beneath that and its terrace was full of beer bottles and it totally spoiled the beauty of this waterfall.

Why we Indians can’t be responsible.

Be a responsible traveler:
• Protect the Environment its flora, fauna & landscape. Mountains are not open air toilet, dig a little and use it.
• Conserve Natural resources they are limited, right from office to your destination
• Respect local culture, traditions, religion & heritage
• Minimize pollution of every type noise, air, water etc. Don't discard litter, take it home with you. Waste disposal is a major problem in developing countries
• Use public transport as much as possible, it offers you to meet local people make friends, ask question, learn as much as you can.


“Remember that man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it” (Moore 1916)

1 comment:

  1. I wish, I could capture that moment of being in mcloead!! I miss it man

    ReplyDelete